Monday, May 25, 2009

Good News and Bad News

First, the bad news. I got a response from Flash Fiction Online which I've been anxiously anticipating. Rejection! I'm extremely bummed, but it's still a somewhat positive note. It made it to the winnowing stage, the third and final stage of reading at that venue, which supposedly only 3-10% of stories make it to.

The good news: I got a response from JW Schnarr, the editor of a Wizard of Oz horror anthology that I submitted a story to. It sounded like he really liked the story and wanted to hold it for consideration which he'll determine later this summer (the deadline for the antho is at the end of July). If I got in, it wouldn't pay a lot, but the idea of the antho is so awesome that I would love to be a contributor! I'll keep you all posted.

2 comments:

Gary Cuba said...

This game sure is an emotional roller-coaster ride, isn't it? Hang in there, bud. Write and submit, write and submit, repeat until dry. It's all we can do, yes? At least you needn't worry that the "thing with feathers that perches in your soul" will ever stop singing. (Although it might keep you awake some nights!) :-)

Gary Cuba said...

Tiny Timmy's Tweets, Dave. You know you want to host this theme, you know you do. I've already explained the upside to you. I won't leave you at peace until you decide to do it. You have to dare to be great! Don't leave me to post the seed tweets on my own. Take charge of the situation! You only go around once! Be strong, be proud!